Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Where is my dream GPU??? Now Installing Mojave Issues Some Solutions Hopefully the final Saga soon to be on Netflix

Today I heard back from OWC support and here is what they had to say, "Thank you for contacting Other World Computing.  Unfortunately, since the Accelsior E2 is two proprietary blades in a permanent RAID0, it cannot be upgraded to Mojave."  Given I already had it working I found this to be incorrect information.  Once again I'm left with the feeling nobody really understands everything about all this stuff.  If it had not finally booted up after 25 minutes of a black screen I would have just taken OWC's word and figured I needed to use HDD or single SSD for the upgrade.  Fortunately it finally worked.  Today I found the proper driver for the 10 gig card and with Zelin's help installed it.  I'm surprised it wasn't already installed as it's the same driver for 10.13.6 and above.  I guess the way it installs in OS 10.13.6 there needs to be something different once it's upgraded to Mojave.

As suggest Mojave seems to handle the Metal better and I can now run the entire  Geek Bench 5.4.0 Metal GPU test with out it stopping at Feature Match test.  So far so good and I pulled up a Resolve class project that had optical flow that use to vaporize my computer with 980Ti 6GB.  Now it plays but just a few frames at a time until cached or rendered.

Maybe the ridiculous price for the Radeon Sapphire Pulse RX 580 will be worth it if I can chug a bit longer on the latest Resolve but I'm going to stick with Resolve 16 for now given the tracker was broken during our class last week with Resolve 17.1.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135238) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment