Saturday, October 31, 2020

[Avid-L2] Netflix DolbyVision IMF creation using Resolve 15.3.1 or 16.2.6?

I'm currently trying to get On Boarded for Netflix DolbyVision IMF creation. I've been fine delivering SDR IMFs with them taking the DPX from Avid into Resolve and making the IMF with Resolve.

I know how to import the xml metadata for the DolbyVision trim info and I see it working but the Netflix test requires cutting in the Netflix ID at the top of the show.  That would be simple in SDR but what I don't see is way to attach the Dolby Vision XML metadata to the actual clips so when I add the Netflix logo at the top the proper DolbyVision Metadata is there.  I only see import DolbyVision Metadata in the Dolby Vision Tab of the color page and that seems to add it to the sequence.  That works but I don't see any Dolby Data track.  I could easily cut in the Netflix Logo but I don't see how to import the two individual DolbyVision XMLs and either attach them to the two clips or into some sort of a Data track.

I'm googling and researching.  I wonder if I made I made two separate sequences importing the specific DolbyVision XML to each sequence.  Does Resolve allow editing a sequence into another sequence like Avid does.  Being new to the HDR IMF process I'm wondering if there is some sort of Data Track equivalent like they do for closed captioning in Resolve.

Curious if you have dabbled in this area.


John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment