Thursday, September 17, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] How is the Internet/Bandwidth working for people?

The HPRGS definitely worked better than splashtop.  But splashtop allowed the use of mac workstations at the office whereas they originally retooled to HP workstations to run HPRGS.  I was told HPRGS is really just sending pixels which is a big reason it works better than most of the other options.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 03:34 PM, JBeck wrote:
I have very slow DSL. I’ve been using HPRGS and I’m amazed at how productive I can be. Yes it lags. Yes the picture sucks while playing. Yes sync is soft. But I can sit at home and have almost full access to my system at work. My only complaint is that HP changed the name. JB 

 

On Sep 17, 2020, at 5:25 PM, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

I recall speculation that in the US the internet was going to be stressed due to the Pandemic and people working from home.  My wife has successfully edited remotely first with HPRGS and then with Splashtop.   Another assistant id using Jump Desk.
 
For the last approx. 3 weeks I've noticed a lot more audio issues on my Zoom meetings.  This coincides with LA school etc... getting back online.
 
Curious what others are seeing in their daily work?
 
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134841) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment