Sunday, July 5, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Audio Delivery Requirements with Channel Labeling?

I asked the protools mixer to give me an aaf with interleaved stereo and 5.1 tracks but when I import them they come in all mono tracks.  Also he said that ProTools can not make an interleaved 5.1 track to smpte order of (L,R,C,Lfe,Ls,Rs). What's up with this?  I googled and found that the media essence stays mono but metadata joins the tracks.  Ultimately the delivery want 5 Stereo track (1-5) and one 5.1 track (6).  I figured if the aaf came in that way it would go out that way.  My other option is to audio mixdown to interleaved tracks.  Perhaps I should just chuck out the whole aaf and just go for wav files as I assume they are immune to the Avid confusing, and perhaps proprietary, multichannel track metadata.


On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 06:12 AM, <pale.edit@gmail.com> wrote:
I don’t really have an answer for you, but does the spec require a QuickTime file? Or is MXF a possibility?

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 9:47 PM John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:
I got the following delivery specs for audio.  I'm use to delivering mono stems that I label using the preset names available in QT 7 for (L,R,C,Lfe,Ls,Rs) Lt,Rt.  But this delivery spec wants stereo and 5.1 tracks.  I suppose I could turn the tracks into stereo and 5.1 in Avid before exporting a QT Ref or maybe even a same as source.  What I'm not sure of is the labeling requriements mentioned.  Where do you add the labels?  I guess I've been doing it in QT 7 as mentioned above but that only has certain name choices.  Any insight would be appreciated.
 
DELIVERY REQUIREMENTS
 
UNSCRIPTED SERIES / SPECIALS (IN-HOUSE) 22 of 40
HBO MAX Post-Production Revised 5-7-20
Audio Technical
 
Each Soundfield group MUST be arranged into a single track. e.g. 5.1 would be a single track
with 6 channels.
All Audio channels MUST be labeled in the file metadata using Multichannel Audio
Labeling as specified in SMPTE ST 377-4:2012.
Stereo labels MUST match the method used to create the sound field: LtRt for matrixed
downmix, LoRo for simple downmix, LR for stereo mix.
All audio tracks MUST conform (be synchronous) with video and have the same duration.
Near field mixes are preferred over a Theatrical.
 
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

 

 

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134612) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment