Friday, June 26, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] GPU upgrade from GTX-680 to ????? Mid 2012 MacPro 12 core

Thanks for the info Dave is there an advantage to the GTX-980?  Does it come with a 6GB vram option.  For my GT-680 IIRC I just used the two power cables that come from the mother board.  IIRC the original Radeon 5770 might have only used one cable but the 680 came with additional power cables.  It's been a while since I installed it.  I've also seen talk ot 1080 nvidias.  Any reason to go with something like that?

Can i mix an non nvidia gpu in the tower and still run the titanX gpus in the expansion chassis.  I'm think I've heard it's a problem to mix them.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134562) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment