Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] tool for collecting media

It's a nice little app, but the problem I had with it is that there are some things that we use from project to project that were originally imported under a different project.  Especially sound effects and music stuff.  But also there are times that there will be a few different things going on at one time.  Like the main long term project.  Then maybe a music video or prep for an upcoming project.  And 'some' of the people I work with aren't always good about switching projects before importing stuff.  So I prefer the AAF method.

Jay


On May 13, 2020, at 4:44 AM, bouke <bouke@editb.nl> wrote:


On 13 May 2020, at 02:57, jagermeister <jagermeister@gmail.com> wrote:

I might be missing something but what about the light and small program MDV? I've been using it for years. I had to google search for it and apparently there are updates. My understanding was a coder in Russia built it years ago. It's light, easy to manage projects and makes project management so much easier. Especially if you're moving media to and from drives.


What you 'might' be missing, IIRC, it looks at the project tag to find what project the media belongs, but you can use a clip in another project.
(Chances are big that I'm wrong here…)
There are still several places on the net to download from. That was just from my google search. I feel every editor should have MDV for media management and to check to see what Avid left after cleaning a project.

https://archive.org/web/web.php is always a good place to start looking for old versions etc.


Just my 2 cents. 

Eric

Bouke

Edit 'B / VideoToolShed.com
van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS  Nijmegen
+31 6 21817248

No comments:

Post a Comment