Thursday, May 14, 2020

[Avid-L2] Find list of files to link to #workflow

How are folks conforming to non native media?


I have a short sequence & a massive drive of files (not Avid MediaFiles).

If I ‘set bin display’ to see the sources I can then search the massive drive for the files one by one & alt-drag them into a bin one by one then relink the short sequence. OK for very few sources.

Or I can link to the whole drive (slow) & relink.

Or (I think) I could export a list of those files & find/copy them to a new destination and then AMA & relink. Creates duplicate media I don’t really need).

Questions:

Can I relink (via AMA) before I have the source file in the project? Like I can in PP. I think not. Possible feature request ‘relink via source browser’

Is there a better way of doing this?


 MC2020.4 on OS X or 2018.12 on win10

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134497) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #workflow
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment