Thursday, April 23, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] OT: Where have all my drop frames gone?

It's only the numbers, John.  The frames are where they have always been
but yes, there is a huge bag of dropped timecode numbers.  Mine lurks in
the shadows of my home office and trips me when I get up from the
computer.  --J.B.

John Moore wrote:
> As I'm timing Acts for slate info and making sure things are zeroed
> when converted to 59.94I I find my mind drifting away to a simpler
> time. Could it be stress over the Global Crises?  Or perhaps just a
> brain glitch.  I have this unrelenting curiosity to find out if all
> the drop frames from my entire career have ended up in the same place
> all those ADO boxes flew off screen to?  Is there an island or planet
> somewhere in the Galaxy where all these images have ended up?  Of
> course Abekas, K-Scope, Devious/Gevious, DPM, and Sony DVE boxes would
> also be welcome there and for character Quantel and SqueezeZoom.
>
> I fear I will never look at the Milky Way the same.  Oh well back to
> the render bar. ;-)
>
> John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net
>



-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134381): https://groups.io/g/Avid-L2/message/134381
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/73214240/2971402
Group Owner: Avid-L2+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/Avid-L2/leave/5759084/1548653033/xyzzy [administrator242.death@blogger.com]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment