Thursday, April 23, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] OT: Where have all my drop frames gone?

Those frames were never lost — where do you think all the "February 29th" 's come from?



-------------------------------------------------
Sol Fischler
Editor: Image & Sound
914-525-2579


On Thursday, April 23, 2020, 03:57:59 AM EDT, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:


As I'm timing Acts for slate info and making sure things are zeroed when converted to 59.94I I find my mind drifting away to a simpler time.  Could it be stress over the Global Crises?  Or perhaps just a brain glitch.  I have this unrelenting curiosity to find out if all the drop frames from my entire career have ended up in the same place all those ADO boxes flew off screen to?  Is there an island or planet somewhere in the Galaxy where all these images have ended up?  Of course Abekas, K-Scope, Devious/Gevious, DPM, and Sony DVE boxes would also be welcome there and for character Quantel and SqueezeZoom.

I fear I will never look at the Milky Way the same.  Oh well back to the render bar.  ;-)

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment