Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] MC Creating Media as ARRIRAW MXF's rather than standard Avid MXF's

I believe this happened to me once when I installed ARRIRAW Converter.  The OS then made it the default program to open MXF Files, resulting in the icons changing.
Don't think it's harmful, but if you want to change it, just Get Info in Finder on one of the files and change it to Media Composer.  You can elect to make this the default for all MXF files.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 12:10 AM David Dodson <davaldod@gmail.com> wrote:
I am on Mac, yes. 

MacBook Pro OS 10.14.6.

MC 2019.12.0



David Dodson



On Feb 25, 2020, at 11:59 AM, pale.edit@gmail.com wrote:

Are you on Mac?

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 11:49 PM David Dodson <davaldod@gmail.com> wrote:
More puzzles,

I am working with footage AMA'd to DNxHD 115 transcodes from ArriRAW files.

But now, no matter what I import or transcode, the MXF files in the Avid MediaFiles folder are 'ARRIRAW MXF' files. This applies to even Photoshop images I am importing, separate, and having nothing to do with the linked DNxHD files.

What in blazes?

Where are the normal Avi MXF's?

I probably wouldn't care, but there are strange behaviors involving letterboxing masks I created in Photoshop with an alpha that simply isn't being recognized in the bin or in the timeline. Needless to say, I imported these Photoshop files correctly specifying in the Import settings how to handle the incoming alphas.

But no. And so I am suspecting these new strange 'ARRIRAW MXF' files that I've never encountered before in the Avid MediaFiles folders.

Any insights?

Thanks,

DD


David Dodson
davaldod@gmail.com







_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134066) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment