Tuesday, February 25, 2020

[Avid-L2] Avid hangs initializing Composer Windows?

I cloned my Sierra startup drive and upgraded to High Sierra to install Resolve 16.  Resolve works but Avid MC 2018.12.7 does not.  I've tried reinstalling.  I saw a post from a fellow editor with the same issue using MC 2018.12.3 and I think he is on a PC.  After I upgraded the OS I don't recall if I launched Avid to check.  It was after I installed the AJA Hi 5 4K Plus and it's control panel that I tried to launch avid and it hangs at initializing composer window.

I found this thread from early 2019:



I have to run the Nvidia Driver to get the system to recognize the TitanX GPUs in my cyclone microsystems expansion chassis.  I'll try going to the native gpu OS driver just to see but I'm wondering if anybody else has seen this.  Is there some mystery file that needs to be removed?


John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment