Friday, February 14, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Is there a way to improve 8 bit artifacting when rendering to DNX_115?

Render settings are set to advanced polyphase for image interpolation, although I I don't know that that applies, for this render.  The motion adapter and timewarp setting are set to original preference.  I also tried just rendering a submaster effect and it created the same banding.  In media creations render tab I uncheck same as source and select DNX_115.  I really think this is related to all the questions in the past about timeline quality's interaction with renders and exports, but again I'm just guessing.  Clearly the code that is rendering a safe color or submaster is not the same code creating the video mixdown.

Given if I set timeline quality to green 8 bit it perfectly matches what I see after the DNX-115 render I really think somewhere under the hood when Avid goes to render DNX_115 it somehow effects the quality of the path heading to the render engine the same way timeline quality effects the output to the monitor.  Again just guessing but it seems render and video mixdown are using different engines or components or whatever the proper term would be.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 06:43 PM, JBeck wrote:
Have you checked the render quality settings?  JB

Sent from my iTelephone. Please excuse typos. 
 

On Feb 14, 2020, at 7:18 PM, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

This just gets better and better.  If I clear my renders and do a video mixdown to DNX_115 then the results are clean without the banding.  So rendering to DNX_115 creates banding but doing a video mixdown doesn't?  It would seem the two seemingly identical processes are in fact different under the hood.  Is there some different code for renders that is flawed as opposed to video mixdowns?  How can any of this be something I have to deal with on a Friday afternoon?  I know they made video mixdowns render much faster and more efficiently years back but I wouldn't think they'd leave renders with sub performing code.

I'm on MC 2018.12.7 on a MacPro mid 2010 upgraded to 12 core 3.33GHz, 3.2GB ram, GTX-680 Mac OS 10.12.6.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134040) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment