Friday, January 17, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Connecting a Thunderbolt 3 Drive enclosure to a USB 3.0 PCIe card?

I realize the big speed difference and that there would be a huge performance hit but I'm just looking to find a simple way to connect it.  It seems with Thunderbolt 3 as the source, so to speak, it can  connect to all sorts of devices including USB 3.0, please correct me if I've misunderstood this.  However going the opposite direction doesn't seem to be a simple adapter or I haven't found or understood the products I've googled.

It just seems like there would be a demand to take an existing USB 3.0 computer connection and be able to connect a Thunderbolt 3 device even with the bandwidth throttling at least I could mount the drive.  Is this really not a thing?
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#133885) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment