Saturday, December 28, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Phillips Hue lights for a monitor backlight?

Or the flanders bias lighting . pretty cheap and effective

 

 

 

From: Avid-L2@groups.io <Avid-L2@groups.io> On Behalf Of Pat Horridge
Sent: 27 December 2019 11:20
To: Avid-L2@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Phillips Hue lights for a monitor backlight?

 

Isn't it better and safer to just get 6500K bulbs? And you want a CRI that's as wide as possible.

Re dimming I'd be temped to use ND gel to dim if needed as its less likely to alter the colour temp.

 

 

Pat Horridge

 

From: Avid-L2@groups.io <Avid-L2@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Moore via Groups.Io
Sent: 26 December 2019 23:07
To: Avid L-2 Groups IO <avid-l2@groups.io>
Subject: [Avid-L2] Phillips Hue lights for a monitor backlight?

 

In my recent DolbyVision mastering class it was mentioned that the Phillips Hue Bulbs can be adjusted to proper color temperature for a monitor back light.  It says in the various info I've obtained that the White Ambience Bulb is controlled by blue tooth and it can have a color temp of 27002K to 6500K.  I picked up a couple lights and got them working.  The interface on my new iPhone, yes I finally retired the BlackBerry Torch, and I can swing the color temp but the interface is not set up with a degree Kelvin parameter.  It's either choose a preset or move the icon in a circle with the bottom going more blue white.  I'm assuming the bottom of the circle would be approx 6500K.

 

Anybody played with these bulbs using a real color temp meter or know if there is a way to get a preset that is designed to set the bulbs to 6500K white.

 

They also have dimming and I'm wondering it the dimming would effect color temp.  I know it did on tungsten lamps on the stage.

 

 

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment