Saturday, December 21, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Continuing Quest to output Dolby Vision over HDMI from Resolve 15.4 using Avid DNxIO?

I took a DolbyVision mastering class at AbelCine Burbank and I finally figured out how to get simultaneous HDR and SDR output on my home system.  The Aja Hi5-4K Plus turns on the HDR on my 2016 LG OLED.  The glitch I was having is I thought on my Avid DNxIO the two rows of bnc outputs SDI_A thru SDI_D would each be an eye in stereo mode.  Using this logic I ran Resolve in HD mode and set up stereo with top row SDI_A feeding LG OLED and bottom row SDI_A feeding my Sony PVM 2541.  I was getting the same signal to both monitors.  Then I moved the bottom row connector to SDI_B and then I had proper seperate channels so I could tweak HDR on left eye to LG and SDR on right eye on Sony PVM.

Based on this I know believe the two rows of sdi outputs are identical and the stereo signal in HD is left eye SDI_A and right eye on SDI_B.  I have a colour lab HDR plugin that I put on the left eye channel to create HDR levels for the left eye.  Now I'm rocking with both signals.  Hope this helps others avoid my mistake.

Tunneling with Resolves ecmu still doesn't seem possible without upgrading to an Ultra Studio 4K Extreme.  Sure seems like there is enough power in the DNxIO with it's FPGAs to be flashed into doing this but marketing is marketing.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#133778) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment