Monday, December 16, 2019

[Avid-L2] Recommendations for upgrading GPU on MacPro 2010

I have a MacPro 2010 5,1 3.33Mhz 2x6 cores, 48GB RAM still running El Capitan and MC 8.10.
Just paid for a BCC upgrade only to find out that I need at least Sierra or High Sierra for that.  Since I'm about to take the plunge and do the dreaded "fix what ain't broken" path, I'm also considering upgrading my current GPU (Radeon 5770 1GB) to a Radeon RX 580 8GB so I can install Mojave.  And, at some point to update to MC 2019 as well.  I'm not in a position to go with a new computer, but can handle the $350 or so for a new GPU.
So I'd like to know if anyone has any advice regarding:
1.  If I just move to High Sierra, will I see any value in changing the GPU to the Radeon RX 580?
2.  Any advantage in running MC on Mojave vs. High Sierra?
3.  Any compatibility issues with my system when I move up to MC2019?
Note: I also use After Effects and Media Encoder - the new GPU might help there, but with 1080 media I mostly edit with, I'm fine with the performance I'm currently getting.
Suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance.
Craig
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#133768) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment