Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Black Magic Express Stutters on H_264 playback?

 

Try my MXF to Mp4 (It can also do H264 mov), way easier.

It's darn fast, and 'should' retain the TC.
Reason it is fast, it starts the moment you start exporting an MXF
(You set a watchfolder, put it to work and the moment it sees a new file, it gets to work, so it's done at about the same time as your Avid MXF export.)

I've never had complaints about the resulting H264.

The demo will burn in a logo. The paid version can do a burn in of your own logo, if needed.


Bouke

Edit 'B / VideoToolShed.com
van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS  Nijmegen
+31 6 21817248

On 29 Oct 2019, at 21:18, John Moore bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


I make my screeners and ProResHQ 1920_1080 files using Adobe Media Encoder 2018.  I make H_264s out of AME the .mp4.  I then use MP4to QT from VideoToolShed to make them .mov.  Then I use QT Change also from VideoToolShed to add time code that gets lost through the AME step.  The sources are DCI 4096_2160 ProResHQ.  I found that playing back the the resulting .mov screener files in Black Magic Express through my Avid DNxIO the H_264 .mov files stutter while the audio plays fine.  The HD 1920_1080 plays fine.  Does Black Magic Express not like H_264s?  That seems weird to me given we have an older BM card in our ProTools room that plays H_264s all the time.

Anybody seen poor H_264 performance with Black Magic Express?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net


__._,_.___

Posted by: Bouke <bouke@editb.nl>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment