Tuesday, October 29, 2019

[Avid-L2] 4k help

 

We are chugging along in HD on unsupported MC v8.1.

We will continue to broadcast our low budget HD program on small
local stations here in Japan, but I'd like to move to 4K shooting
to be able to take advantage cropping & resizing in edit without
loss of HD quality -- lock down a wider shot on two people and be
able to crop out an HD head and shoulders shot of each
individual, etc. Yes, I know the aesthetics suck, but that's
where our budget is at.

We now shoot with Canon XF305 and XF105.

This gives us a really good workflow, as the Canon codec just
plays without any fuss in MC.

I realize I have to upgrade computers (we're Mac based) and MC,
but can anyone tell me what set up I would need (hardware and MC
version) to take UHD 4K clips from a low end camera like an XF705
or even a Canon XC15, and get the same playback performance we
get in HD with XF305 clips? Is it even possible?

Sorry, we're so low end I haven't been keeping up at all on 4K
chatter.

Appreciate any advice.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan

__._,_.___

Posted by: Tim Selander <selander@tkf.att.ne.jp>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment