Thursday, September 26, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Sequence Failure to Open

 

All open bins. The Console will give you feedback. 


Normally it would say
"Repairing x" where x is the name of a sequence. 
If it finds an anomaly it will have a follow up like
"Clip y is 1000 frames, expecting 1001. Repaired."

Or something to that effect. 

It mostly searches for inconsistency between actual media file and edited media in the timeline. 





DQS


On Sep 26, 2019, at 2:57 PM, 'C. Hess' cfh3media@gmail.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

No idea, I was only concerned with one seq. in one bin.
But if all seq. were dragged into said bin, my understanding
is it would take care of them all - in that bin.



On Sep 26, 2019, at 1:02 PM, bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I've never had any luck with that command but it's good it worked for you.  I understand opening the bin and not the sequence.  Does the command "repairsequences" only act on the open highlighted bin or will it address all open bins?



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <indypix4u@...> wrote :

One of my favorite Console Commands … I think I first heard it from Jeff Sengpiehl 😊

 
 

Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR

(818) 406-8480 Mobile

indypix4u@...

 
 
 
 
 
 

From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> 
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:46 AM
To: John Pale <pale.edit@...>
Cc: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Sequence Failure to Open

 
 

Issue was fixed using a command in the Console, was amazed!

The sequence would open, but crash when I either clicked on the timeline

or attempted to play it back.

 

This is what I did, per instructions from a post on Creative Cow -

Open the bin but not the sequence. In the Console, type "reparisequences".

 



On Sep 25, 2019, at 9:18 PM, John Pale <pale.edit@...> wrote:

 

Does it open without media?

 

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 5:45 PM 'C. Hess' cfh3media@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

  

iMac late 2014
32GB RAM
High Sierra
MC 8.5.3

I am suddenly unable to open a sequence created on Monday, on my work PC system.

I brought media and project home.
Today, opening it on my home system causes Avid to crash.
Re-indexed media, duplicated sequence, deleted MC State, then created new project
to import and open it. No go, each time.

I am out of the typical approaches, any suggestions?



On Sep 25, 2019, at 2:11 PM, Mark Spano cutandcover@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
 

This chatter today (and this link https://9to5google.com/2019/09/24/avid-mac-crashing-google/) was very helpful to me, a finishing editor in NY, when I had a Mac Pro (Resolve, with no trace of Media Composer) flake out like this this morning. Fixed and panic reduced in minutes of my time thanks to you fun folks. Thanks Avid-L fam! Keep on truckin…

 

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 10:27 PM Tommy Pham forshurz@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Google is going to have fun with this one.



On Sep 24, 2019, at 5:19 PM, J Beck jb30343@.... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
 
 


New feature???

 
 

Sent from my iTelephone. Please excuse typos. 

 


On Sep 24, 2019, at 6:33 PM, Benjamin Hershleder Ben@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

 
 
 

Latest word from Avid:

 
 

-B


———
Benjamin Hershleder
ContactBen.com




On Sep 24, 2019, at 7:23 PM, Jim Feeley jfeeley@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

It's all the buzz; even our local drive-time radio news station ran a story. 

I've seen the Variety story, the Avid response, and some other stuff. And I'm not writing a story about this. But I figure you all know what's up... if anything...

So what's up?

 
 
 
 
 
 

Chip Hess
CFH3 Media
312-806-3840

 
 
 

Chip Hess
CFH3 Media
312-806-3840

 



Chip Hess
CFH3 Media
312-806-3840


__._,_.___

Posted by: Gowanus Canal <gowanuscanalstinks@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (17)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment