Thursday, July 25, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Avid 4096_2160 to 3840_2160 File Export?

 

I have not heard this.  But we are in the middle of production right now on our first Netflix project.  My initial reaction is that we will shoot and finish as originally planned and do any scaling after grading.  But damn, that would have totally had an impact on our choice of camera and our LTO backup workflow.


Jay


On Jul 24, 2019, at 7:34 PM, John Moore bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



Netflix has changed their delivery requirements to want everything to be UHD 3840_2160.  All my previous and current project(s) are 4096_2160.  I have found if I just switch the project to UHD 3840_2160 the image is scaled to fit with a slight letterbox top and bottom.  This is how Netflix wants things shot "wide" in their terminology.  I did a test dpx export and it does in fact export 3840_2160 dpx frames with letter box.

My question is if there is a more elegant approach to achieving this through some sort of mask settings.  I seem to recall some discussion about a way to make mask margins or some parameter like that effect file exports.  Video Output settings only effect the output from the DNxIO.  I s there a way while staying in the 4096_2160 project to export a dpx that is UHD with letterbox.?  The main reason I ask is that when I toggle to UHD all the renders of my safe color limit go offline according to the timeline.  Perhaps I am mis-remembering a feature that does not exist?  Can anyone clarify if I am remembering something that doesn't exist?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net



__._,_.___

Posted by: Jay Mahavier <jay_mahavier@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment