Thursday, July 25, 2019

[Avid-L2] Re: Avid 4096_2160 to 3840_2160 File Export?

 

I have always wondered why when we shoot more pixels they letterbox it for the viewer.  In essence by shooting more we ultimately give the viewer less thanks to the letterbox.  I kept requesting we just shoot UHD to avoid the issue but it was always met with resistance.  I have no idea why.

It would make more sense to me if they just scaled the IMF and left the archive masters at 4096_2160 thus preserving all the original pixels.  I would think the vertically scaling to fit does more harm than the horizontal scale but I'm just guessing.  It sure seems like a crop would be cleaner in my mind as well.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <pat@...> wrote :

It's a shame Netflix want to handle it that way. Scaling the width down from 4096 to 3840 reduces quality.
Cropping 256 pixels is cleaner Al and better.
Bad on Netflix.

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment