Friday, June 7, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Mid 2012 MacPro CPU Upgrade?

 

John, I may want to do that once you get a bid. And, of course, once you know if it makes any difference.

I'm eyeing the new cheesegrater, but may just jump back to windoze instead. For now, it's cheesegrater.

Sure glad I invested in the nVidia cards for resolve though. Ahhrrrggg!

gh
----------------------------------------------------
Greg Huson
Chief
Secret Headquarters, Inc
Production / Post Production
Culver City, CA
323 677 2092
www.SecretHQ.com
t @SecretHQinc

> On Jun 7, 2019, at 11:48 AM, John Moore bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>
> I have someone I trust who can facilitate upgrading my mid 2012 MacPro 12 core 2.66GHz to 12 core 3.46. In light of my recent ProResHQ performance issues in Avid this seems like a possible stop gap to prolong the viability of my trusty old cheese grater. Perhaps the new MacPro will be something I consider down the line but for now I have to make do with what I have.
>
> I've reached out to the upgrade person but haven't heard back regarding if the CPU upgrade will be like a ram upgrade in that no of my software license registrations would be effected. This may be a bone head worry but in the past I've seen things like swapping the network card unlicense some software because it some how referenced something on the network card for part of the registration. If memory serves me moving pictures was one plug in prone to this. Maybe that's all a moot point but I'm curious if anyone has any experience with upgrading the cpu only on a workstation.
>
> I'm expecting I just get back my computer and it processes a bit fast without any glitches with software activations etc... I'm on an Avid and Sapphire Dongle so those aren't likely to faulter but what about BCC etc... I'm probably overthinking this. Can someone talk me off this ones and zeros ledge? ;-)
>
> John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: Greg Huson <greg@secrethq.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment