Friday, June 28, 2019

[Avid-L2] Sharing some of my experience with Netflix IMF Test

 

Mark S has been very helpful as I sort out the Netflix IMF SDR onboarding.  I thought sharing my experience might help others.

I just wanted to share some experience I'm having with Netflix IMF creation that I didn't pick up in class.

I'm going through the Onboarding process for Netflix SDR IMF creation and I found some gotchas in the supplemental package creation. 

The first thing is in order to take an existing IMF and insert patch fixes the first thing to do is select the IMF clip in the media pool and right click and select Create New Timeline Using Composition Playlist.  The new sequence now has an XML box icon at the front of it's name in the media pool.  Then when you go to the deliver page the "supplemental package" checkbox will appear.  If you just create a timeline from the IMF clicking Create New Timline using Selected Clips you won't get the option for Supplemental Package in the delivery page.

An additional frustration/curiosity/chance for a learning experience ;-) is that I first just made a sequence using the IMF but didn't choose Using Composition Playlist.  Of course the subsequent sequence did not offer the supplemental package checkbox.  But then when I remade the sequence using the correct choice of Using Composition Playlist I still did not see the Supplemental Package checkbox in the delivery page.  I bounced around the interface and checked to make sure the use Easy DCP in the preferences configuration tab was not checked as I googled and read that if that is checked on the supplemental package option won't be available in delivery page.  The Easy DCP wasn't check so that wasn't the problem.

Finally after quitting Resolve and restarting I got the Supplemental Package checkbox to appear in delivery page.  I don't really know what happened or what changed but I'm guessing perhaps because I originally created a sequence without choosing to create using composition playlist that even after I deleted that incorrect sequence and created a new sequence with the correct choice to use content playlist perhaps Resolve was somehow still tracking the new sequence as if it was the original incorrect sequence.  As I said I deleted the original bad sequence but still I've seen software like QTPro 7 make similar mistakes until it was quit and restarted.  I'm just guessing but it's possible that's what was confusing me.

I've found that quite often various aspect of the Resolve GUI don't seem to update when I click on something but when I switch to a different tab and go back the change is in fact displayed.  I can't put my finger on exactly when this happens but throughout my classes I would scratch my head trying to keep up with the class and not be able to change something then voila I bounce around the GUI and come back and the change is there.  It really makes it tough when learning the new platform but it's been pointed out this is what makes it fun.  ;-)


John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment