Friday, June 28, 2019

[Avid-L2] How to access GPU usage on MacPro Mid 2012?

 

I'm testing IMF export in Resolve 15_4 from an Avid AAF.  I'm wondering how to access how much Resolve is hitting my two TitanX GPUs in a cyclone microsystems expansion chassis.  I google and found there is supposedly a GPU history in Acitivity monitor available in the Activity Monitor View Menu.  It says cmd + 4 will open the window or under view menu.  I don't see it as a choice and the keyboard shortcut doesn't bring up anything on my mid 2012 macpro OS 10.12.6.  I also don't see it on an older iMac with OS 10.12.6.  What am I missing.  Is this not available in Sierra OS?

I have the Resolve set to not use the GUI GPU for processing, which is a GTX-680 in the tower but to use the two TitanX GPUs in the expansion chassis.  I was told on this list by Bogdan that Resolve will use the minimum Vram of all GPUs so I eliminated the GTX-680 which only has 2GB vram so that hopefully then Resolve would take advantage of the 12GB vram on the two TitanX GPUs. 

I'm getting approx 7 to 8 frames a second processing UHD DPX to IMF with 5.1 and 2.0 audio tracks.  My source drive is also the destination drive so I know that will slow things up.  I will try the same to a different drive next.

My main question is why can't I find this so called GPU history tab/window in activity monitor?


John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment