Saturday, January 12, 2019

[Avid-L2] Re: Avid Titler+ is seemingly unusable in it's present state?

 

I'm glad I'm not alone in confusion.

I would suggest by, "not slagging it" perhaps you are enabling bad design.  ;-)  I've learned the hard way sometimes you have to love something enough to tell the truth about it.

Of course it's better to be in the solution than the problem so I'm holding out hope I will gain some enlightenment that gives me a moment of Titler+ clarity.  I'd hate to have to call my sponsor and blame Titler+ for a relapse.  ;-)

One font at a time I guess.  Just breath.  Time for a late Saturday night OKI Dog!!!


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <paulsampson100@...> wrote :

I have been looking at this too. I was so concerned I emailed Marianna privately off list because I initially thought I was doing something wrong.

For anybody reading this thread, you really need to try the new title tool to fully understand. It's using some logic and conventions which many of us are unfamiliar with. I would go so far as to suggest in a typical Avid environment it's different enough that an operator would find it a challenge for anything but the simplest titles. We could start with the fact there is no SELECT arrow, selection tasks are done by context.... you cannot select two or three lines of text and left align them.... or if you can the selection method is not immediately obvious. Gradients are assigned by corner, so if you need a horizontal gradient you need to program two corners in an identical fashion,,,,

So it's just version 1, and in my training I do not slag it, but neither do I want my associates trying to fight their way through it. I am sure in upcoming releases these initial shortcomings will be addressed, and in the meantime we have three other title tools to choose from!

Paul Sampson

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment