Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Re: [Avid-L2] Can't mount Nexis workspaces but can see them?

 

Thanks for the suggestion.  Are we mis informed that all the clients should be on the same version.  It seems logical that different Mac OS would need a different version.  I'll give it a try.  I wonder what element of the OS would let me see the drives with the nexis client but not mount them?  The voodoo of the ones and zeros.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <gowanuscanalstinks@...> wrote :

That version is likely too old for your OS version. Use the latest client version. 



DQS


On Dec 11, 2018, at 8:19 PM, bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

It is Nexis Client 6.0.1.23690 which is the same one running in the AE bay.  We are under the impression the versions should match but I don't know if that is valid info given my bay is mac os 10.12.6 and the ae bay is mac os 10.9.5.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bogdan_grigorescu@...> wrote :

based on the error message you're getting, sounds like the wrong Nexis Client Manager to  me.
What version have you installed?

BG



From: "John Moore bigfish@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Yahoogroups <avid-l2@yahoogroups.com>; Yahoogroups <editing-list@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 5:02 PM
Subject: [Avid-L2] Can't mount Nexis workspaces but can see them?

 
Today we tried to hook my mid 2010 MacPro upgraded to 12Core 3.33GHz to our Nexis unit they purchased a couple years ago.  Our tech talked me through setting up the manual ip address on the second ethernet port of the MacPro.  If you face the back panel it is on the right.  The first ethernet port goes to our network of computers and internet.  Most of the other stations use both ethernet ports but I need access to the computer network on a hardwire.  We are able to talk to the main frame and after launching the client software I can see all the workspaces.

I realize my performance will be compromised by having a single connection but I won't be using it much.  The unit is connected through Cat 6A cable but I'm not sure if the patchbay jumpers are Cat 5 or Cat 6.  Could that be causing the error?  I found a couple of jumpers that are Cat 6 and put them in and still get the same error when trying to mountr a workspace.  The AE station is on Mac OS 10.9.5 and I installed the same version of client software on my computer which is Mac OS 10.12.6 because our tech said all the versions should match.  Could the internal ethernet of the macpro be insufficient.  The other computers are using dual ethernet from the internal ethernet ports. 

The only other thing I can think of is perhaps the ethernet switch is zoned in a particular way that would require a dual ethernet connection.  Is that even possible?  The switch is a Cisco Catalyst 984E if I'm reading the small print correctly.

Here is the error log after trying to mount two workspaces one at a time:

Mounting workspace 1/1 with error: Unable to complete operation. Rejected.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@...


__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment