Saturday, December 8, 2018

[Avid-L2] Exporting Auto Synced Clips Same as Source with 4K DCI and UHD Clips?

 

I have auto synced clips with ProResHQ and ProRes 422 video 4K 4096x2160 for the HQ and UHD 3840x2160 for the ProRes 422.  My project is set to 4096x2160 with Rec 709 no RGB just 4:2:2 project.  all the 4096x2160 clips export same as source but when it came to the UHD clips it stopped and did the "can't export same as source but will export to DNxHRLB (which is what the media creations render option was set to).

I've seen this prompt before so I changed the media creations setting.  All the 4096x2160 clips had exported so I only selected the UHD clips and I changed the project format to UHD to match these clips.  Then it exports properly without the prompt about no same as source resolution export.

I did a bit of googling but nothing really dealt with this.  I do a lot of QT Ref exports then do save as in QT Pro or Adobe Media Encoder.  It is rare that I export clips from bins or use auto synced clips.  Am I correct to assume from this experience  Avid only likes to export same as source clips that match the project dimensions?  Once I matched the project to the UHD clips it export without issue.  Is my matching project dimensions the culprit to the initial prompt I got?  Seems so just not sure.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment