Tuesday, December 11, 2018

[Avid-L2] Back to Tape Today!!! Keyspan Driver link

 

I miss tape but today I got a reality check.  I haven't gone to tape in approx 2 years other than an occasional capture of archival footage.  After a couple of OS updates I found that I no longer could see the Keyspan USA-28GX.  I tried an old driver installer but it told me the startup drive had a newer version.  I went to Tripp Lite after a google and found they have a beta driver for Mac OS 10.12-10.13.  I installed it and it works now.  I didn't uninstall the old driver but things are working.  Some things like the videodesktop installer from BM and or Avid's branded videodesktop have an uninstall choice on the disk image.  I guess keyspan drivers are different.

Is there a way I could have uninstalled the existing keyspan driver before installing the new one?  I don't know where I would look for something like that on a Mac or a PC.  Anyway it is working and after scratching my head in front of the Panny 1400 I was able to get the monitor composite output up on an old CRT so I could get into the menus and see them in understandable english and not just the front panel hieroglyphics.  I always get screwed on Pannys when the menu has been set not to display the characters out on the various outputs.  I forget the number combo but will look it up on the Panny 1400 that is displaying the characters.

If anybody gets stuck with an old keyspan here is the link I found to download the beta driver:





John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment