Friday, May 11, 2018

Re: [Avid-L2] Pausing Import - FEATURE REQUEST

 

I've done a lot of background transcoding on my 4K work.  It frees up the Avid but there was a bug when baking in LUTs that I'm not sure got fixed.  If I would back in a panny Vlog to the transcode files it would create messed up media with whacky scaling and hash etc...  If I didn't bake in the LUT the transcode not only went faster but it wasn't corrupt.  Avid knew about this a year or more ago and it may well have been fixed but I stopped baking in the LUTs because I had to strip them off later for ancillary deliverables.

It might have only been with Panny AVC Intra VLog but if you are going to background transcode do a test first to make sure it works.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <jb30343@...> wrote :

This doesn't full address the problem but, if you link to a file rather
than importing it you can consolidate/transcode in the background.  That
might help in some cases. --J.B.

Mark Santora mrsantora@... [Avid-L2] wrote:
>
>
>
> I get revisions of features multiple times during a project.  And
> nothing pisses me off more than when I'm in the middle of an hour+
> long import and a producer walks in making me cancel the import so
> they can see something then I have to restart the import all over again.
>
> Can we get a Pause Import / Resume Import option?  That'd be great.
>
> Mark
>
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment