Friday, May 11, 2018

[Avid-L2] Bins don't stick when placed on 2nd monitor Avid 8_9_4?

 

Mac Pro mid 2010 upgraded to 12 Core 3.33 GHz 24GB ram.  OS 10.10.5 Avid 8_9_4.  I've been running this setup for a few months on this version level.  I don't know how I missed it but I just noticed that if I create a bin and position it on the second right monitor where the timeline lives when I close the bin it reopens on the left monitor.  I trashed MC state and tried a different user. 

I have found that if I move the project window to the 2nd right monitor then the bin will reopen in the second monitor.  It appears that  Avid will only reopen a bin in the same monitor as the project window.  I haven't tried this on my home system yet but I'm surprised I didn't notice this in the last few months.  On my 4K projects I probably haven't had need to position a bin in the right monitor so maybe that's why I haven't noticed this before.  Nothing has changed on the system other than an update to the media info app through the apple store which I did this morning.

I have the OS setup so the Apple menu bar only appears on the left monitor and not the config where there are two menu bars and the one the cursor is on will highlight that menu bar.  I forget what that setting is but I think it had to do with treating each monitor as it's own workspace or something like that.

Is this a known but?  I know in the past there have been incidents where bins open tiny in the upper left or the position changes didn't stick but I haven't had this inability to open a bin in the right monitor before.  Have I just been lucky to have not stumbled on to this until now?
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment