Thursday, March 1, 2018

Re: [Avid-L2] Non responsive apps

 

To access the user Library folder, hold down the Option key and you will then see Library as an option in the Go menu. There is an "under the hood" way to get the Library folder to display in that window without holding down the Option key, one of our engineers set up one of my systems like that a couple years ago, but I think it involved a Terminal command.

Stephen Priest
CNN Atlanta

-----Original Message-----
From: "bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2]"
Sent: Mar 1, 2018 2:53 PM
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Non responsive apps

 

Oh I posted before seeing this response.  Forgive my lack of experience in this area.  When you say "drag the specific permissions of Avid" are they located in the Preferences folder?

When I look on my MacPro mid 2012 12 Core OS 10.12.5 I don't see Library listed in the user folders I doo see it on the root of the startup drive but I don't see anything there that is labeled as Avid.  Is my newer OS different or am I just looking in the wrong place?

I'm no having any issues just trying to learn more about the under the hood stuff.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <fedguy2@...> wrote :

Library>Caches
System>Library >Caches
User>Library>Caches
User>Library>Preferences

Make sure all  your apps are closed. Drag the cache to the trash, drag the specific permissions of AVID to the trash.

Do not empty the trash.

Reboot.


Launch AVID

Do not empty the trash until you're up and running.

You can also use ONYX software for free  https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html


 
Paul
CHULA - Citizens for a Humane Los Angeles
323-244-8020



From: "David Dodson davaldod@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Paul Darrigo <fedguy2@...>
Cc: "Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>; Lou Wirth <loutv@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Non responsive apps

 
How does one go about safely cleaning these three folders of cache files and permissions? As Tina Fey said, "I want to go to there."


David Dodson



On Feb 28, 2018, at 11:07 AM, Paul Darrigo <fedguy2@...> wrote:

Usually, cleaning out all three folders of cache files and permissions, rebooting is a good place to start
 
Paul
CHULA - Citizens for a Humane Los Angeles
323-244-8020



From: "David Dodson davaldod@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Lou Wirth <loutv@...> 
Cc: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Non responsive apps

Very funky.

Are you listening, Avid? VERY funky.


David Dodson



On Feb 28, 2018, at 11:03 AM, Lou Wirth <loutv@...> wrote:

I agree..  Ive gotten spoiled never crashing and now I do several times a week..  Also, lagging and sluggish on playback.  No system changes either..

The error box I described may be a function of an app called "CleanMyMac" which I use for house cleaning.  I am going to investigate that as well. 

But MC performance is funky now.

Lou

Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth..com
415-924-9411p

On Feb 28, 2018, at 10:55 AM, David Dodson davaldod@.... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I get the "AvidOppFrameGeneratorApp" all the time. It usually comes up in close proximity to a crash.

I don't know, for me MC performance has taken a nosedive on the last two versions. My system has remained precisely the same, but MC has been horrible. Full of latency behavior, and crashes unlike anything I've seen before.




David Dodson



On Feb 28, 2018, at 10:43 AM, Lou Wirth loutv@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Any one else getting this?   Running MC 8.9.4 on OS 10.11.4 and after the last upgrade I get a window under the little  (what looks like) iMac icon in the top right menu bar of my MacPro.

The window give me two "non responsive apps" and waits for me to quit.  Sometimes it does not respond to clicking, sometimes it does.  If I leave it long enough it goes away but its really a nuisance.  I've never seen this before.  Only recently and I think it started on last Avid upgrade.
The apps listed as non responsive are:

AvidBinINdexerApp
AvidOppFrameGeneratorApp

What the heck is this?

Thanks 
Lou


Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth.com
415-924-9411p










__._,_.___

Posted by: Stephen Priest <spriest@mindspring.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment