Saturday, March 3, 2018

RE: [Avid-L2] Non responsive apps

 

Curious.. we have been running win 10 for at least a year now and better and more responsive than win 7 and occasional crashes but nothing more than ever before.been using 8.5.3 just moved to 2018.2 so lets see..

 

N

 

From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 28 February 2018 21:02
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com; 'john beck' <jb30343@windstream.net>
Subject: RE: [Avid-L2] Non responsive apps

 

 

I tried to do my first Win10 system recently but it has never been workable.  In use for imports/transcodes – not stable enough for editing.

 

Sigh…

 

- Dave

 

dave@spraker.tv

(971) 267-7661

 

From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 11:54 AM
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com; Lou Wirth <loutv@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Non responsive apps

 

 

Lou, If you're only crashing several times per week, consider yourself
lucky. A few months ago we switched to Windows 10 and MC 8.9.1.
Depending on what I'm doing, I get somewhere in the range of 1-15
crashes per day. Straightforward editing of material that is happily on
the ISIS; 1-2 crashes per day. Restoring material that has been
archived on to external drives; easily several crashes per hour. MC 8.x
on Windows 7 was maybe a few crashes per week. --J.B.

Lou Wirth loutv@mindspring.com [Avid-L2] wrote:
>
>
> I agree. Ive gotten spoiled never crashing and now I do several times
> a week. Also, lagging and sluggish on playback. No system changes
> either.
>
> The error box I described may be a function of an app called
> "CleanMyMac" which I use for house cleaning. I am going to
> investigate that as well.
>
> But MC performance is funky now.
>
> Lou
>
> Lou Wirth Productions
> 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
> Corte Madera, CA 94925
> *www.louwirth.com <http://www.louwirth.com>*
> 415-924-9411p
>
>> On Feb 28, 2018, at 10:55 AM, David Dodson davaldod@gmail.com
>> <mailto:davaldod@gmail.com> [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
>> <mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I get the "AvidOppFrameGeneratorApp" all the time. It usually comes
>> up in close proximity to a crash.
>>
>>
>> I don't know, for me MC performance has taken a nosedive on the last
>> two versions. My system has remained precisely the same, but MC has
>> been horrible. Full of latency behavior, and crashes unlike anything
>> I've seen before.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> David Dodson
>> davaldod@gmail.com <mailto:davaldod@gmail.com>
>>
>>
>>
>>> On Feb 28, 2018, at 10:43 AM, Lou Wirthloutv@mindspring.com
>>> <mailto:loutv@mindspring.com>[Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
>>> <mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Any one else getting this? Running MC 8.9.4 on OS 10.11.4 and
>>> after the last upgrade I get a window under the little (what looks
>>> like) iMac icon in the top right menu bar of my MacPro.
>>>
>>>
>>> The window give me two "non responsive apps" and waits for me to
>>> quit. Sometimes it does not respond to clicking, sometimes it does.
>>> If I leave it long enough it goes away but its really a nuisance.
>>> I've never seen this before. Only recently and I think it started
>>> on last Avid upgrade..
>>> The apps listed as non responsive are:
>>>
>>> AvidBinINdexerApp
>>> AvidOppFrameGeneratorApp
>>>
>>> What the heck is this?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Lou
>>>
>>>
>>> Lou Wirth Productions
>>> 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
>>> Corte Madera, CA 94925
>>> *www.louwirth.com <http://www.louwirth.com/>*
>>> 415-924-9411p
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: <avid-l@outpostfacilities.co.uk>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (24)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment