Friday, March 2, 2018

Re: [Avid-L2] Non responsive apps (slightly OT)

 

So far my OS jump for 10.9.5 to 10.12.5 hasn't been too rocky.  I did initially jump to 10.12.0 and then after a few weeks on that I ran the combo updater to get to 10.12.5.  At that point I started to have wacom whacky behavior that wasn't just in Avid. A new driver and ultimately a new pen resolved that issue.  I found once I went to Avid 8.6.4 I started having some quirky wacom related hangs.  Those did not go away till 8.9.4 so I stayed at 8.5.3 till 8.9.4.

I haven't really hammered on my home system hard but I will soon be working on 8.9.4 Avid on Mac OS 10.10.5 at work so I will see how stable it is.  I might have an underpowered, vram, GPU at work so that might be an issue.  The reason I jumped to Sierra was to support multiple GPUs which I have two TitanX cards in an expansion chassis with a GTX-680 in the tower.  Without Sierra the OS only saw the TitanX cards as generic gpus.  Once the OS was upgraded they appear with the proper name etc..  It did take some fiddling to get the correct nVidia driver for my system build so I could auto update the GPU driver.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <cfh3media@...> wrote :


How has that jump in OS worked out?
I love 10.9.5, but am being dragged kicking and screaming to a newer version of the OS.
Is the OS stable, particularly in Avid?

On Mar 1, 2018, at 1:43 PM, bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

What are the three cache folders called?  By "permissions" do you mean repair permissions on the mac side.  Now that I'm on Sierra 10.12.5 there is no longer a repair permissions in disk utility as far as I know.  I assume Mac OS 10.11.X still has permission repair but I jumped from 10.9.5 to Sierra so I haven't worked on that OS.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <fedguy2@...> wrote :

Usually, cleaning out all three folders of cache files and permissions, rebooting is a good place to start
 
Paul
CHULA - Citizens for a Humane Los Angeles
323-244-8020



From: "David Dodson davaldod@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Lou Wirth <loutv@...> 
Cc: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Non responsive apps

 
Very funky.

Are you listening, Avid? VERY funky.


David Dodson



On Feb 28, 2018, at 11:03 AM, Lou Wirth <loutv@...> wrote:

I agree.  Ive gotten spoiled never crashing and now I do several times a week.  Also, lagging and sluggish on playback.  No system changes either.

The error box I described may be a function of an app called "CleanMyMac" which I use for house cleaning.  I am going to investigate that as well. 

But MC performance is funky now.

Lou

Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth.com
415-924-9411p

On Feb 28, 2018, at 10:55 AM, David Dodson davaldod@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I get the "AvidOppFrameGeneratorApp" all the time. It usually comes up in close proximity to a crash.

I don't know, for me MC performance has taken a nosedive on the last two versions. My system has remained precisely the same, but MC has been horrible. Full of latency behavior, and crashes unlike anything I've seen before.




David Dodson



On Feb 28, 2018, at 10:43 AM, Lou Wirth loutv@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Any one else getting this?   Running MC 8.9.4 on OS 10.11.4 and after the last upgrade I get a window under the little  (what looks like) iMac icon in the top right menu bar of my MacPro.

The window give me two "non responsive apps" and waits for me to quit.  Sometimes it does not respond to clicking, sometimes it does.  If I leave it long enough it goes away but its really a nuisance.  I've never seen this before.  Only recently and I think it started on last Avid upgrade.
The apps listed as non responsive are:

AvidBinINdexerApp
AvidOppFrameGeneratorApp

What the heck is this?

Thanks 
Lou


Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth.com
415-924-9411p









Chip Hess
CFH3 Media
312-806-3840


__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (23)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment