Sunday, March 11, 2018

[Avid-L2] Practical Noise Reduction inside Avid?

 

Having not grown up in Davinci land etc... my use of noise reduction has been very limited.  I like Neat video which I've used a few times and it does it's magic I just don't really understand exactly what it is doing.

I have some under exposed Sony F7 4096x2160 footage.  Bringing up the shadows gets a tolerable level but there is resulting noise.  BCC 8, which I have on the work system, has noise reduction effect.  I've dabbled with it a few times in the past with some success but I always find it a challenge dealing with noise reduction because I can't really dial it in playing back in real time.  I assume back in the big Iron days you could play the material and adjust noise reduction during playback.  For me looking at a still frame makes the process tough to gauge.  Are there any tricks in this area?

Is there a method in the BCC 8, maybe pixel chooser or something else, that would allow me to isolate the blue channel only for noise reduction?  I always feel there is a lot of power in BCC with pixel chooser etc... that I don't take much advantage of.  Anybody got suggestions how to isolate a particular channel for noise reduction.  I recall sapphire has an effect that breaks things out in a compositing type mode and BCC8 allows multi filters.  Would BCC 8 multifilters provide a means to isolate the blue channel only for noise reduction?   I am under the impression that's pretty common in Resolve although I've only heard this from other facilities we've used in the past for problem footage.  I'm trying to keep my solution Avid based rather than moving to another app for color correction.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment