Thursday, March 15, 2018

[Avid-L2] AMA now Link workflows to online with Lut etc... Metadata?

 

I saw a post regarding online without original ama clip bins available.  This seems like something that should not really be a huge issue in my mind but the more I think about it the more gotchas I foresee.

Traditionally in online all I receive is the final sequence bin so I'm not use to getting original ama/linked clip bins.  So if I am given a final sequence that has used some linked media and some not what is the most efficient way to parse the sequence to separate out linked media from other media.

Now when it comes to relinking ama/link media my experience is if the path has changed it's generally not easy to get the ama clips to relink.  The method most I've seen use is to re link to the original clips and then if they have the original ama/link bins those clips come online too.  In the case of my normal online flows I would never have those original bins so there in lies one of the rubs.

The other glitch I've encountered in my simple 4K workflows is if the ama links get broken when I relink to the original clips in another new bin my original ama link bin comes online but any LUTs I've applied disappear in the orignal bins.  I would assume any frame flex info would be lost too.  Maybe if I didn't open the original ama bins when I'm linking to the original clips that meta data wouldn't disappear and when I open the original ama bin it would override the newly link clip metadata like LUTs to what it had originally been set to.  It always seems like the last bin opened over writes mob conflict in my experience.  I will have to test this when I get a chance.

All these concerns make me start to wonder how solid offline to online with ama linked clips is.  If I assigned LUTs and frame flex to the offline clips those should translate to the online sequence but if re linking to the original clips loses any custom metadata of a Lut etc... category I don't know if the clips in the sequence would remember the offline metadata.  In my experience I change things in the source bin and then refresh the sequence.  So how does Avid maintain LUT metadata if I have to link from scratch the source clips?

These all seems like it shouldn't be a problem so maybe I'm missing the obvious.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment