Friday, February 2, 2018

OT: Re: [Avid-L2] Crashes After Upgrade to MC 2018.1

 

Not much "Phrasing" these days.  Ever since App Manager replaced the dongle dumper something was lost.  And when did we start "Blasting" dongles?  When I was in the CMX maintenance class in 83 during the I squared section they called it "Blowing the PROM." to program the chips for the I squared to control a specific VTR. 

Oh well time to get back to the Tar Pit for the weekend.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <mactvman@...> wrote :

So we ARE doing "Phrasing"....


On Friday, February 2, 2018 3:49 PM, "bigfish@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Mr. Dave,  At our ages I think a replacement dongle should be mandatory!!!  


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <mactvman@...> wrote :

Update!  The real pro (The wonderful Ms M) got on the case, and it turns out the bit about High Sierra and drivers for dongles is bogus...

Probably just a dongle issue, I am getting a new one.

Once again, there is only ONE!  (I rue the day Marianna decides to retire).

Dave Hogan
Burabnk, CA




On Friday, February 2, 2018 1:35 PM, "Dave Hogan mactvman@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
I upgraded to High Sierra on my laptop last night, did as recommended, un-installed MC (was running 8.9.2) and upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra.  Installed 2018.1 and now my dongle won't work.

Per tech support (via e-mail):

"...
We are currently receiving a lot of compatibility issues between Media Composer dongle licenses and Mac OS X High Sierra. What we can do for now would be to convert your dongle license to software activated license. At this time, we're still coordinating with Gemalto if they can release a Sentinel Driver that will support Mac OS X High Sierra.
Let me know if you want to proceed on converting your dongle license to software."
No way I wanna give up my dongle!
Gonna see if there is an alternative, thankfully this is my test system, and not affecting my systems I use daily.
Dave Hogan,
Burbank, CA


On Friday, February 2, 2018 1:19 PM, "David Dodson davaldod@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
From your lips to Mac's ears. Maybe it'll stabilize for me.


David Dodson



On Feb 2, 2018, at 1:17 PM, ammfx ammfx@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


I'm on Yosemite with the same version and have only crashed twice in two weeks.
Alan Miller



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Note 8

-------- Original message --------
From: "David Dodson davaldod@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> 
Date: 2/2/18 2:28 PM (GMT-05:00) 
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Crashes After Upgrade to MC 2018.1 

Is it possible that MC 2018.1 no longer likes Yosemite? Is there any wisdom to updating my OS to High Sierra? Or maybe that'll just make things worse?



David Dodson



On Feb 2, 2018, at 9:24 AM, john beck jb30343@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

My productivity dropped like a rock when we went from Windows 7 / MC 8.4 
to Windows 10/ MC 8.9. --J.B.

David Dodson davaldod@... [Avid-L2] wrote:
> Against all reason I upgraded to MC 2018.1 and now I can't do two things without it crashing. Feels like a total cream puff. On deadline and don't have time for this crap.
>
> Anyone having these issues? I'm on OS 10.10..5.
>
> Thanks,
>
> DD
>
>
> David Dodson
> davaldod@...
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
> Posted by: David Dodson <davaldod@...>
> ------------------------------------
>
> this is the Avid-L2
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>










__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment