Friday, August 4, 2017

Re: [Avid-L2] ProRes QT with CC

 

When I add extra audio tracks to QT Ref files I usually extract just the audio to a new QT window then select all and copy then insert to the video file.  Doing this avoids a second TC track in my experience.  I don't know if there is a downside to having two TC tracks on a file but I have just avoided it by extracting just the audio to then add to movie. 

All my tracks, video and audio, are the exact same length so I add to movie with the position at the first frame and everything stays in sync.  If it were a Closed Caption Track would that have be inserted at actual program start?  Given I've never been asked where my bars and tone start by the closed captioning folks I assume the scc file is best on the program time code of just the program content section and does not include any information for the bars and slate etc...  So would you have to create the scc file in QT Pro 7 then park on the first frame of program content before adding to movie?  When you take the scc file and make a QT CC track does it have it's own time code based on time code info in the scc file?

In my audio insertion I've found if I don't have media for the entire duration that matches video duration it may play alright in QT 7 but when I ama to the file the audio may be out of sync.  Does anything like that happen when dealing with CC tracks?



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bouke@editb.nl> wrote :


On 04 Aug 2017, at 06:00, Terence Curren <tcurren@aol.com> wrote:


"Or, the ancient SCC plugin for Quicktime 7?"

     Not familiar with that one. Did it do both 608 & 708?


The plugin is gone, but I just ran a test on Mac, and I think it's build in by default now.
You need QT 7 Pro (That Apple no longer sells.)

It's so simple, it's laughable.
If you have a .scc file, open it in QuickTime 7.
Go to the properties and set the size to your output res, and the layer to -2 (to make sure it's on top.)
Do a Select All, and do an 'AddTo Movie' it in your output Quicktime. (Make sure you're at the start of the output movie.)
Do a Save As, and save as self contained of course (Well, for testing ref is good enough.)
Enable Closed Captions display in the QT player, you might have to quit QT player and start again.

And you're done.

Gotcha's:
I 'think' the .scc needs to be zero based on start of your output, no matter the start TC of the output.
You get a second TC track. Leave it! (It defines the start afaik)
I have NO clue if the broadcaster accepts this. But then again, feed better specs :-)


Now, I think Compressor must be able to do this as well, but I hate Compressor…
(I think I don't even have it anymore.)

Bouke

Edit 'B / VideoToolShed.com
van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS  Nijmegen
+31 6 21817248


__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (18)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment