Wednesday, February 15, 2017

[Avid-L2] Re: OT: Invalidated Mac OS Installers

 


I just went through this.  I have a utility a tech suggested that would make a bootable USB of the installer. 

In the past I have used the USB stick with success after being told to just set the computer date back as the installers had a time out and even if I to the 8 hours to reload the installer from the apps store or wherever it comes from it would still balk unless I set the date back.

Just last week I tried to use a 10.10.3 USB installer and it wouldn't work complaining that it couldn't verify the drive.  I still had the installer on my desktop and that one worked after I set the computer date back a ways.

Don't know why the USB was squawking but moving the system clock worked.  It really points to how unprofessional Apple has become.  Seriously the inability to have a viable installer that is bootable is a recipe for disaster.

---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <danlist@...> wrote :

This is for all you folks that keep old Mac OS installers around on USB
sticks etc. -

Yesterday I tried to install an older OS onto a laptop. No matter which
version I tried, the installer quit, saying it couldn't be validated.

It turns out that back in 2016 Apple updated the certificate for
installers so that those downloaded before Feb 14 2016 no longer work.

The very easy workaround is a terminal command using the utilities on
the installer to fool the computer into believing it is back in 2016
before the change.

Details can be found here:

https://www.macrumors.com/2016/03/03/older-os-x-installers-broken-by-certificate/

D.

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment