Friday, October 7, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Media Composer and Ultrastudio 4K stuck in NTSC

 

I've been looking at my UltraStudio4K Extreme downconverting 4K to 1080, because of issues brought up here. Yes, I saw an issue in Resolve, but then with help on another forum, that was figured out.  I checked it in Avid because Terry said he had issues there, and I didn't have any.  4K project, 4K footage, appeared on my broadcast monitor as 1080...not 2K like Terry is seeing.  It did do that in resolve, but I checked one option and that went away.

But you are saying that you are in a 1080 project, but no matter what, the card is only outputting NTSC?  Hmmm...I did install the latest drivers for this, as I just built this machine. Perhaps try the latest drivers, or uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers you have?  What OS are you running? I'd try the latest drivers...drivers are important with stuff like this.

Might not solve Terry's issue, as he has the DNxIO, and that is slightly different than my UltraStudio Extreme 4K...but different enough to not do what mine can? I'm wondering if our settings in Avid or the BMD settings are different somehow...



From: "tcurren@aol.com [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2016 5:59 AM
Subject: [Avid-L2] Re: Media Composer and Ultrastudio 4K stuck in NTSC

 
I am experiencing the same kind of issues Decklink 4K extreme. I can change the settings in the BM software, but they do nothing while running Media Composer. Also, 4K & UHD only down convert to 2K and once again none of the settings change anything. Makes it useless in a 1080 environment with a 4K project. NitrisDX does do the downconversion to 1080. Haven't tested the DNxIO yet but will try to today.


__._,_.___

Posted by: Shane Ross <shanerosseditor@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment