Friday, October 7, 2016

[Avid-L2] Re: Media Composer and Ultrastudio 4K stuck in NTSC

 

I should make a possible correction to this post.  I believe that my decklink SDSDI card still worked with 8.4.X but started doing the NTSC output behavior when I went to 8.5.2 IIRC.  It's been a while but that just popped back into my mind.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

On my home system Mac Pro mid 2012 12 core with DNxIO MC 8.5.3 I can toggle the HW Resolution, up left in the video output settings tab and see changes to the video output.  This is with the Avid site's video desktop 10.7 for the DNxIO.  I can see a change from a HD downconvert of full screen when I set it to 1920x1080 and when I set it to 3840x2160 I just see one quadrant of HD signal as you would expect when set to quad HD. 

This setting is in the Avid interface not the BM control panel that launches if you hit the more button.

As I just posted I did see the NTSC output when I was still running my Decklink SDSDI card.  That card had worked with Avid 6.5.X etc... but when I upgraded to Avid 8.4.x it started only outputting NTSC.  I tried several versions of the video desktop at the time but nothing worked.  I have since sold that card and it is working correctly on an MC 7.x system but I don't know the exact configuration there.

I wonder if it would make sense to try the Avid Video Desktop Ver. 7 available at the download center.  I thought it was specifically designed for the Avid branded DNxIO but it looks pretty much the same as the other BM video desktop control panels I've seen lately so maybe it would work with a 4K Extreme.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <tcurren@...> wrote :

I am experiencing the same kind of issues Decklink 4K extreme. I can change the settings in the BM software, but they do nothing while running Media Composer. Also, 4K & UHD only down convert to 2K and once again none of the settings change anything. Makes it useless in a 1080 environment with a 4K project. NitrisDX does do the downconversion to 1080. Haven't tested the DNxIO yet but will try to today.

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment