Friday, September 16, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Is there a quality setting in New Blue fX titles? Now New Blue Enima

 

I remember your posts well and had to contact you directly when I finally had to promote an effect.  This kind of derelection of a core tool to most workflows is just plain BS.  Title tool may be limited and Kludgey but it's the Devil we all know.  To force anything above HD to resort to New Blue Titler which is a half assed implementation of a title tool replacement is just plain bad management.  Perhaps "Bad Management" and Avid in the same sentence is redundant but not inaccurate.  


It is not my intention to slam New Blue Titler as an app.  It seems to have potential to do many more sophisticated things.  It just is not implemented in Avid in a way that makes it an intuitive and simple to use replacement for the title tool.  This combined with the fact that offline will never move off title tool is just more icing on the Doo Doo sandwich Avid has served up for the user base. 


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <tcurren@...> wrote :

If you read my posts on this POS a few months ago you would know what I think of it. :-(

The other gotcha that took me a while to suss out was that the timeline has to be in the foreground for promoting titles to New Blue. Normally you enter the effects editor, and then select to promote the title (a buried pulldown menu item not found in the effect editor). Then you will get the same "Install New Blue" bullshit error message. 

The proper way is to enter effect editor, now bring the timeline window back into the foreground, then go to the hidden pulldown menu to promote the title. 

Not to worry, this is Avid's way of giving us new features instead of building it themselves!!!!!


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

Well that makes perfect sense.  It would also make sense for the error message to say just that and not install New Blue FX.  Perhaps it's just the wording that threw me, but then everything about NewBlue Titler throws me.

Last night on my home system I was playing around looking to see if I could find a quality setting.  All of a sudden while in the New Blue Title 2.0 interface the New Blue Application Manager popped up saying there is an update.  I saw a 2.1 something version number in the window so I figured that was the update to my current 2.x version.  I hit the update button and a download button appeared.  I hit download but there was no progress bar or any kind of download dialogue window popping up so I had no clue if I had in fact updated or done anything.

I quit out of new blue and then relaunched hitting the New Blue Interface button in the effects window.  When it opened up I clicked on the about New Blue and it said I had New Blue ver. 4.xxxxx of some sort.  

My understanding is with my perpetual license dongle system I can run New Blue V 2,0, I forget what the specifics are regarding New Blue V 2.5.  At any rate now in the Avid effects window the New Blue title still says Titler Pro 2 at the top of the effects window above the "Launch User Interface" button.  So what version am I running now?  It would seem I upgraded to Ver. 4 without realizing it but that is not part of my Avid license right?  I'm wondering if this update Version number is not really an indication of the master version of 2.0 but more like a build version.  I'm worried that if it's a newer version that isn't part of my avid license will it time out and am I in some kind of a trial period after downloading the update.

On my work system which is identical for the most part except it's Avid 8.5.2 and my home is Avid 8.5.3 I have not updated anything and I don't even see the ability to check for updates in the New Blue Titler menu bar.  Also when I check the "About New Blur" info it shows similar copyright dates to my home system of 2009-2015 but there is no version number only a "Build 160404" number.

Anybody from New Blue out there that can clarify what is going on with the upgrade I clicked on?  Did I upgrade to a version that I will have to pay extra for?  So far there have been no trial period prompts or anything to indicate I've upgraded to a New Blue Version that is not compatible but the upgrade dialogue and download process wasn't very transparent in it's process.  I hit download but was never instructed to install anything which leaves me wondering if the New Blue Application Manager just does the upgrade install in the background like Adobe's CC App manager does.  At least with Adobe you can see an indication that the App is installed etc…  Very confusing process, at least to me.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <tcurren@...> wrote :

Because it's not an Avid effect, it's a 3rd party effect. You have to drop it on a track or clip just like any 3rd party effect. You know, sort of like Avid's answer to fixing the color corrector is Baselight. :-(

Terence Curren



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

"When I try to crate a new title while in 4096x2160 23.976 project I get an error message saying I need to install new blue titler."



 

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment