Saturday, August 27, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Has Adobe Media Encoder 2015 lost the ability to export .mov with discrete audio

 

Back at it today and you are correct the answer is to add individual channels I want using the "+" sign in the bottom right.  I never had to do that in AME 2014 but it had the track Layout section between the basic audio settings and Audio Channel configuration.

In AME 2015 in the Audio I add an extra stream using the "+" button at the bottom right of the Audio Channel Configuration.  Then It lists stream 1 and stream 2.  I set the "Output Channels" to Mono.  Then the "Source Channels" changes from 1-2 to 1-1.  Similarly on Steam 2 it's all the same but the "Source Channels" reads 2-2.

I keep the "Channel Layout" Radio buttons below Audio Channel Configuration clicked to Discrete.

The Audio section layout has slight differences from AME 2014.  When I get back to my 2014 AME drive I will look further into the specific difference in the interface.  Perhaps I've just been luck in AME 2014 and the track layout accomplished the same thing.  I wonder if I can add an extra stream in the same manner in AME 2014.  Damn I miss feeding a tape deck with a base band feed and audio cables.  At least then I knew exactly what was going where. 

Thanks for the tips



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <pale.edit@...> wrote :

John, I just tried an encode with 10 discrete mono audio tracks with the
latest AME CC 2015.4. It worked just fine. Not interleaved.
Make sure you press the plus sign (lower right) to add the individual
channels you want.

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 7:31 PM, John Moore bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <
Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
>
> I was working with Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015 today and I discovered it
> will not export discrete audio channels like I can in AME 2015. I went
> back to my CC 2014 startup drive and found in the audio settings Right
> below BAsic Audio Settings a Track Layout Parameter that allows for
> choosing 2 mono tracks. This parameter does not exist in AME 2015 in the
> latest version. Below the basic audio Settings is just Audio Channel
> Configuration and no Track layout parameter like there is in AME 2014. I
> have the radio buttons at the bottom set to discrete but still I only get
> interleaved audio on the resulting .mov.
>
> If I take the same QT Ref .mov into AME 2014 with the same settings to
> ProResHQ 2 channels of audio and the track layout parameter set to 2 mono
> tracks I get what I'm use to which is a .mov with two discrete audio
> channels. Has this ability been lost in AME. This was one of the strong
> features I have been using in AME 2014 when delivering 16 tracks of audio.
> I wondered if the fact that today's file only had 2 tracks was contributing
> but now that I went back to AME 2014 and I can get discrete 2 mono tracks I
> fear the ability has been lost. Fortunately VideoToolshed's Audio Map will
> save the day but come on Adobe. I need to be able to export with discrete
> tracks to .mov. This is a requirement for virtually all my delivery
> files. Nobody seems to like interleaved audio tracks for some reason. Am
> I missing something here?
>
> John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@...
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment