Saturday, August 27, 2016

[Avid-L2] New Blue Template Effects several black slugs Novice New Blue?s

 

Since the 6 Million Dollar Man can't donate some of his salary to incorporate the Title tool into beyond HD projects I'm forced to deal with the probably powerful but whoa fully over complicated for my needs New Blue Effects. 

My main issue is without realizing it I somehow altered what must be a template in a manner that all my black slugs have turned into a page from credits.  I assume there is some global aspect to saving a title and clicking save to template as opposed to alter this title.  How do I break this link and how do I check to see if a title is associated with a particular template? 

I see in Quick Edit a list of what I assume are templates.  My titles were promoted from title tool and I see titles from the first 4K show and the current one listed.  The first 4K show we did was used as a basis for the credits in the current show.  In offline they took the title tool credits created for the first show and duplicated that sequence and then retyped the information.  So now after promoting this current credit title tools I'm left with promoted title tool effects in New Blue that have virtually the same names in the Quick Edit Library.  I can't tell if that means the New Blue Titles are somehow template linked between the old shows and new shows credits.   What happened is the black slugs I had pulled from the first show in credits and slate areas somehow got text added from one of the new Credit pages.  How do I determine if a particular NewBlue title effect is linked to a template and how do I break this link.  I see when I cmd Q to bring up the save dialogue I have a choice of effecting the template or "just this title".  I've been choosing "just this title" once I saw what was happening.  By saving with the choice "just this title" am I breaking the template link?

Also I can't seem to find a way to clear the template library I see in Quick Edit mode.  I tried right clicking but nothing.  I would like to remove all these templates if possible.  Would removing these templates I see in the library screw up existing NewBlue Title Effects?

This NewBlue effect tool is a complete time suck and waste of my time for simple credits.  I realize it is much more powerful but when I start altering titles other than the one I'm on I get very worried.  Much like people are intimidated by the relational color correction in symphony.  I can see the power of templates but as someone who just needs the basics of what the title tool has always done this is like being forced to use marquee.  New Blue may be a little easier than Marquee but both are way over kill for basic credits, slates, etc... IMHO.

Oh wait once again one of my favorite episodes of the Six Million Dollar Man is on Antenna TV.  Funny how this happens so often when I'm emailing the L2.  It's the episode where Oscar has completely mis managed the government agency in charge of the Six Million Dollar Man project.  The story arc is Steve Austin is forced to break into the Federal Reserve bank to take money that is supposed to improve the Six Million Dollar Man project but when he brings the money back to Oscar he finds out it's only going to executive bonuses and he will be forced to continue working with outdated and in efficient Bionic parts.  Man it's a good thing that show didn't have to be done in 4K.  I wonder if someone is going to digitally remaster it in 4K.  That would be soooooo awesome.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment