Saturday, July 16, 2016

[Avid-L2] Re: Resolve 12.5

 

First of all, these are the units I'm referring to: Teranex 2D, Processor, 3D Processor and Teranex Express.


These are designed to handle 2:3:2:3 cadence ("3:2 pulldown"), but not 2:3:3:2 nor 2:2:2:4 cadence. They are supposed to correct and/or remove mixed cadence, however I had less that perfect results with the material I threw at it. I suspect that's because I was working with a DV-sized timeline, which had gone through a few passes and was very inconsistent. I suspect if I'd have had better D1-sized media, the results would have been better. This was media being upscaled to 1080p and the results were better than other software methods.

Wait. You are basing your opinion on what sales people told you at NAB? Come on. :) I haven't tested the current Snell products, but I don't doubt that they might do a better job. However, mixed cadence removal/restoration is never an ideal situation and not really what either of these products were primarily designed to do.

I presume this would be the Snell offering:
Alchemist XF – Highest quality file based format and framerate conversion software - Snell Advanced Media

 




- Oliver


__._,_.___

Posted by: oliverpeters@oliverpeters.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (46)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail app
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment