Saturday, March 19, 2016

RE: [Avid-L2] Link quicktime dsrl and traditional import

 

I agree with changing by modifying the ama clip start time code if it will let you.  Sometimes that won't be allowed, but I don't recall exactly what gets in the way.  Different frame rate can deny adding a tape name in my experience.

Once the time code is matched I'm not sure if it will directly relink as traditional import uses the source file name or some such under the hood thing.  This is a Scott Freeman area of expertise.  Our AE's routinely add tape names to facilitate relinking or has been suggested Disk Label or perhaps some other column would work.  Remember you need to modify the sequence referenced clips and then match the new ama sourced clips to match for a relink.

It would be great if the ama link once the time code is matched would relink to a traditional imported clip of the same file but I'm pretty sure that usually doesn't happen.  I'd love to be wrong on this.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <kwikpasta@...> wrote :

Just change the AMA timecode to match the import timecode, as long as duration is the same and it has one other matching piece of metadata e.g. disk label, it will relink.

Andi



To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 17:57:04 -0300
Subject: [Avid-L2] Link quicktime dsrl and traditional import

 

Hi All. Maybe this is something that was discussed here, but I couldn`t find it.

I worked on a proyect a few years ago with dsrl material, so I imported then via tradicional import.

Now, I open the project and I Linked via ama all the files. When I try to relink the sequence, I realice that TC doesnt match.

So, testing, when I import a dsrl mov file, the TC start is 01:00:00:00, but when I ama link the same clip the TC start is 00:00:00:00

Someone Know why is this?
Thanks in advance.
Dario


Dario Caamaño
Editor (EDA) / Colorista
Movil: (011) 1560312207

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment