Saturday, March 12, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Avid App Manager: "Update Not Allowed"

 

Without trying to pile on, I agree.  I hope that's not costing much.

3 Mbs is just about enough bandwidth to play the AOL "You have mail" recording. 



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <pale.edit@...> wrote :

I have a cable modem at home.  Connection is 155 Mbps.  Used to be 50...they bumped it up last year at no charge.  They now offer 330 for more money,  but I'm happy with what I have.  I'm with RCN in NYC...Time Warner and Verizon offer similar.   Haven't used DSL in a decade.  I hope you aren't paying a lot for dreadful download speeds like that.  This is 2016.

On Friday, March 11, 2016, bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

The download at my home always take roughly 2 hours.  I have DSL with something like 3Mb/sec download.  At my main work facility it's also slow.  I did work at one production company that would download really fast but that was something like 10 to 15 minutes and that's the fastest I've ever used.  I'm also downloading mac installers which are a complete install and not a patch.  I've never seen anything like a couple minutes from the download center.  Wish I had Fios or some Fibre in my home.  My option is a cable modem which I should switch to when I get the time to deal with it.




__._,_.___

Posted by: blafarm@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail App
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use, Yahoo Mail app today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment