Saturday, March 12, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Avid App Manager: "Update Not Allowed"

 

I have a cable modem at home.  Connection is 155 Mbps.  Used to be 50...they bumped it up last year at no charge.  They now offer 330 for more money,  but I'm happy with what I have.  I'm with RCN in NYC...Time Warner and Verizon offer similar.   Haven't used DSL in a decade.  I hope you aren't paying a lot for dreadful download speeds like that.  This is 2016.


On Friday, March 11, 2016, bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

The download at my home always take roughly 2 hours.  I have DSL with something like 3Mb/sec download.  At my main work facility it's also slow.  I did work at one production company that would download really fast but that was something like 10 to 15 minutes and that's the fastest I've ever used.  I'm also downloading mac installers which are a complete install and not a patch.  I've never seen anything like a couple minutes from the download center.  Wish I had Fios or some Fibre in my home.  My option is a cable modem which I should switch to when I get the time to deal with it.



---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <pale.edit@...> wrote :

When you click "update" it launches the installer and it works just like it always does...exactly like what you get from the download center.

For what it's worth, the downloading is very fast.  A couple of minutes for me.  Certainly not hours. I don't have an exceptionally fast internet connection.  

On Friday, March 11, 2016, bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I too have always gone to the download center.  I have used app manager on a work system to download the update but I don't know where the installer gets downloaded to.  I feel more comfortable using the download center our of habit.  I have only told the app manager to download an update on one of our systems but never followed through with whatever else is involved to have the update happen.  What is supposed to actually happen if you click update on app manager?  Given it usually takes a couple hours for an update to download from the download center I assume that's about how long it would take for the app manager too.  So after that download how does app manager prompt to continue the update?



---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <tcurren@...> wrote :

I had the exact same experience today. I've taken to just downloading the install version from Avid and doing it manually. Bypass that POS they call App Man.

Terence Curren


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <blafarm@...> wrote :

"As a follow-on to a recent thread, the latest version of the Avid Application Manger is throwing an error message indicating that software updates are only available with an active support plan.


Meanwhile, my USB dongle is mounted on the computer -- and the very same App Manger is indicating that I have perpetual support."


 

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Pale <pale.edit@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail App
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use, Yahoo Mail app today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment