Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Re: [Avid-L2] Any way to open a QT Ref with a missing file? Now audio mapping tool

 

Following up with Bouke offlist I think I found my error.  Here's what I found when I looked at the menu items for Output Setup:

Hey I just looked under the output menu items and I see what I missed.  I didn't see the insert new sound into source QT option.  Once I checked that it appears to have done exactly what I want.  This seems like a way to reorder the tracks too which I've been told couldn't be done.  THIS IS GREAT!!!!!



---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

Okay I gave this a test run and it will create .wav files from the tracks in a .mov.  The tracks can either be one file per track or a poly file.  Unfortunately the resulting .wav files are stand alone files and do no integrate back into the original .mov file.  I could cut them back in using QT 7 but the resulting audio tracks are still interleaved with a single track in the sub channel in the case of mono .wavs and 12 sub channels in the case of a poly made from a 12 channel .mov. 

What I need to accomplish is 12 discrete audio tracks in the final .mov.  When I export the 12 audio tracks as a QT Ref from Avid and uncheck the mixdown audio I end up with an audio only .mov that has the required 12 mono tracks that are not interleaved.  That's what I use to cut back in the audio so I can then make a self contained file with discrete audio.


---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

Man what a shameless plug for your product!!!  ;-)  How do you make a profit charging ZERO, yes $0.00 according to the web site.  I'm going to give it a try today. 

When it says:
"This thing can patch / remap audio tracks in QT files,
as well as extract sound from a variety of file formats to Wave / BWF files,
either Mono or Poly.:

Does that mean specifically if I export a .mov from avid with audio set to direct and end up with the interleaved 12 channels showing up as a single audio channel with 12 subchannels I can then patch that to become a .mov with 12 discrete mono stems derived from the 12 interleaved sub channels?

Also when it says patch does that mean I can reorder the tracks for a different configuration?


---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <bouke@...> wrote :


If you have a missing file, QT player 'should'  bitch about it, and give you the opportunity to search.
You can then pick another file. But note, it MUST match the original exactly, or you get horrible sound.
 
But for what you do, have you had a look at my QT audiomap to make discrete tracks?
 
(Or, use Avid with Direct Out?)
 
 
Bouke
 
VideoToolShed
van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS  NIJMEGEN, the Netherlands
+31 24 3553311
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 5:15 AM
Subject: [Avid-L2] Any way to open a QT Ref with a missing file?

 

From time to time I will create a QT Ref file which references my mix stems.  Actually I do this all the time but sometimes when I receive a revised mix stem and I forget about the previously made QT ref file I go ahead and delete the audio stem media in Avid.  This in essence strands the previously made QT ref and it won't open because it can no longer access the deleted audio media file.  I understand why this happens and the error message.  My question is if for some reason, and I have one I won't go into, I need to access the video track of a file that had been referencing the now missing audio is there a way to tell QT Pro 7 or perhaps some other program to open the file and just ignore the missing audio media?

I often will convert a QT ref file to ProRes using QT 7.  I then need to reinsert the original QT ref audio stems to maintain discrete tracks so I can bake that into a self contained file with discrete non interleaved audio.  The problem is when half way through the process they change the mix but I want to save my ProRes video backed file and just attach the new audio.  This probably sounds way more complex than it really is.  Bottom line if I have a .mov that references a file for audio that no longer exists but the video track media does exist can I make QT open and not just error out trying to find the missing audio media.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@...


This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
www.avast.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment