Saturday, August 15, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] OT: The Terence & Philip show Avid/Resolve Gothchas

 

Don't get him started.  Everyone I know, even those that have followed your workflows Scott, have various issues that pop up.  Some are minor and others tedious from what I've been told.  I've had some issues in just using Resolve to create Avid media where in a subsequent rebaking of a tape that got skipped the newly rebatched media of the missing tape ends up with the same avid .mxf file name. 

This happened when I set everything up to have Resolve create Avid dnx media from the master files.  After finding out for some reason one of the cameras media didn't get created I went back into the same Resolve project with the same settings and delete all but the missing cameras media.  Then output that master timeline as individual clips.  The resulting media had the same name as one of the other cameras media from the first batch. 

I'm not sure what setting would avoid the duplication of an Avid dnx .mxf file when the media is created in a separate batch.  There may be a setting that would make the Resolve created Avid .mxf files have names that more closely resemble the original source file names?  I know you can set the clip names to reflect the file name.  Is there a similar setting that effects the actual .mxf file name too? 

This happened to me once and I think I might have just manually added an extra character to the .mxf file that was in conflict to make it unique.

This problem isn't exactly Avid Resolve round tripping but it could effect that too.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <scott_freeman_avid@...> wrote :

Terry,

What are some of the gotchas that you are noticing with Resolve round-tripping?

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment