Saturday, August 29, 2015

[Avid-L2] Tracking Dots disappear or become obscured when Effects window is scaled?

 

Here's a quirky one.  I'm on a new reconditioned MacPro 2010 with 12 core 2x6 Core 3.33GHz.  I think it's the typical ATI Radeon Video Card.  Running Ver. 6.5.4.7.

I imported a matte key and did a 4 point track.  I found out later I can only use 3 total tracking points for a matte key but that's not the issue.  What I found was when I went into single large window Effects mode with the exception of the first frame tracking markers with the box and target X the rest of the tracking dots would disappear.  They were there but could not be seen.  I later found that if I stayed in normal effects mode that the dots were visable.  I then dragged the bottom right corner to enlarge the normal screen and could see at a certain scaling the dots would disappear.  If I leave the effect window smaller and blow up the image inside it I can see the dots to a point but then as the dots move right in the screen they start to get cropped, I can see the center dot but the surrounding circle starts to appear cropped from the right side, and as the dot moves further to the right eventually the cropping completely eleminates the dot.

At the point of the dot disappearing if I shrink the internal zoom of the screen the dot reappears and if I then drag the screen image to the left, and perhaps to the right but I've only tried to the left, I can then rezoom in on the screen and the dot will be visible.  Then after more frames the same thing will occur rinse and repeat.  I think I've seen this issue happen before but never found out how to get them to reappear without restarting Avid.  In hind sight I think in the past restarting Avid just resized the Effects monitor screen to normal so the dots reappeared.

I've never experienced an issue with a graphics card driver with Avid on a Mac but could that be something at play here.

Now that I'm typing this it dawns on me that the limitation of only being able to use two trackers for scale and one for postition in an imported matte key might be something that would change if I promoted the matte key to a 3D matte key.  I just tried this on my home system and in it does work.  I also stumbled on the ability to have more than 4 trackers.  I've never thought about that.  I generally use the tracker enable buttons in the corner tracker to create up to 4 trackers but with 8 choices for trackers in the promoted Matte Key effect I can now add up to 8 trackers in the tracking window and access the last 4 with the scroll bar to the right of the trackers.  I never noticed the scroll bar before either.  Perhaps it only appears when there are more than 4 trackers. 

Well this is something new to play with but I don't look forward to have 8 diappearing tracker dots to contend with when I zoom in or scale the effects window.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment